Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cinco De Mayo on June 16th!

Victory! I completed my Masters of Divinty Degree!
Like most journeys, the road to completing my Divinity degree had many bumps and detours. Through the process I attended FULLER THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY in Los Angeles, NORTH PARK THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY in Chicago, and AZUSA PACIFIC SEMINARY in Azusa, California (with an extension right here in San Diego). Because of my various studies I was notified late that I had been cleared to graduate with my Masters of Divinity Degree. I graduated and "walked" in Azusa on May 5th. Steph and I thought it would be fun to put together a "Belated" Cinco De Mayo party in our backyard. So we did - on June 16th.



The first step to a great Fiest is good food. My friend Irma hooked us up with "Mario", who set up a full "Mexican Style" taco stand. he even
brought along an assistant who made tortillas by hand! The early highlight of the party was Joyce and "Loco Boy Cliff" showing up in full fiesta regalia, ready to join the

The party had a great mix of old and new friends, and it is always interesting to get a bunch of people who know you from different experiences in the same place!

















And of course, there had to be a surprise "roast". Only three brave souls dared to stand and mock me. Mark Barazza, Michelle Rosen, and frustrated un-emplyed carnival sideshow announcer Buzz Fink. Here he is stealing MY spotlight at MY party.

I must say, it was a great time of food, fun, and great friends. Better yet - there was leftover Carne Asada & Home made salsa.

1 comment:

bobby said...

Big congrats. I know a lot of work and energy had to go into that.

And even more props to Stephanie. I know how tough it can be with a husband going to school and being in ministry full time, and I know he needed your support to get there. Congrats to you too on making it through!