Monday, June 18, 2007

MEXICO TRIP on June 9th - I love Mexico! As a Christ-follower I also am filled with a compelling sense of campassion and mission for the people of Mexico. This has certainly spilled over to our church - Rancho Vista.

Almost from the start of our church we have always been highly involved in services activitities in Mexico. In fact, as I always say on Sundays "We are not a church that 'does' mission trips to Mexico, we are a church whose core foundation is to be involved in Mexico".

Last Saturday we went to one of "our" orphanages - Colina de Luz. Our job for the day was to feed the 135 residents and staff of the facility. This was a "Family trip", a chance for the families of our church to bring thier kids on a less intense type of trip.
Here Stephannie attempts to "school" a 23 year old soccer star, as my son Jake looks on in shock!

We have a tradition that at the end of almost every trip, we sit down for a meal together. There is really something unifying and spiritual about serving those in need, meeting new friends, and joinging together in a great meal together. Usually there are a few "new" people that come along on these trips - and we always form a deep bond and memories.
On Saturday, my good friend Dwain (Best 68 year old softball player I have ever known) did something special. He considers himslef a Vegan - and is extremely disciplined in what he eats. Yet I, working my special Baja magic, was able to get him to "walk towards the light" and feast on some great Lobster at Puerto Nuevo. ALL IN ALL ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN MEXICO!

No comments: