Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My New Passion - Homes for the working poor















10 years ago Stephanie and I began an organization, Baja Bound Ministries, with the goal of serving the needs of Christian ministires throughout Baja. Over the past 10 years we have had a significant impact on ministries in Tecate, TJ, Rosarito Beach, Routa De Vina, and Ensenada.

This year we began a new phase of our ministry with the construction of our first home for migrant workers south of Ensenada. I AM HOOKED! Ben Gaines and I have set a goal of building 100 homes in the next 10 years for the working poor. If you are interested in getting involved, we have already begun reserving weeks for groups next year. So contact me NOW!

Bellow you can see a brief overview of our project.

2 comments:

steve lampi said...

John, it's great to see the finished product. It was a blast. Sorry about bleeding on your patio. "Michigan blood has been spilled!" Keep me in the loop. My brother will eventually come around.

Steve

John Rose said...

Steve - We have a better chance of solving world poverty then Jeff Lampi "manning up" to return to Baja...