Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rose Family Fire Update




"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear" Psalm 46:1-2


Thank you to the many friends who have called and inquired about our safety. To be efficient I would like to send out this update vie email. I will update as I am able.

First - Most importantly - Steph, Michaela, Jake and I are safe! It has been a LONG 24 hours.

Last night - as the hill due east of our home was engulfed in flames - we evacuated at about Midnight. I left our family at Mitch & Michelle's home - and went back to our home to keep an eye on things.

This morning we returned at about 7 am. I promptly fell asleep. At 10 am - our neighber pounded on our door. The hill side directly across the street was smoking. Fire trucks, helicopters, police, and #)(@$$#@) "Lookie-Lous".

The police came by with a bullhorn - and told as we are under a "Mandatory" evacuation. We had about 3 minutes to leave.
Now we wait...and hope...and pray. We solicit your prayers - and that you pray for our neighbous and all in our community who are displaced,suffering,or suffered loss.

I will update when I can.


John

No comments: