Tuesday, May 15, 2007




Singing the Wonders of Las Rocas Hotel

www.lasrocas.com


What do a strong marriage and a small hotel south of Rosarito Beach have in common? A LOT!


I have stayed in a fair shore of Latin American resorts. Places that were impressive, expensive, and where 3 taquitos could cost you $10 (true story). But my all time favorite hotel is the Los Rocas Hotel. Here are my reasons why...


1 - Every room overlooks the ocean, and has a perfect panormaic view. Authentic tiles floors, rutted brick ceilings, concrete cottage cheese walls. AHH MEXICO!

2 - As pictured, the pool flows right over to the Pacific Ocean.

3 - It is not uncommon to see Dolphin jumping out of the water - right from the view deck of this hotel.

4 - My professioanl spa researcher - Stephannie - assures me that the spa in this hotel is SUPREME! (And as a cheap male, I like the prices of a Mexican spa a LOT more than in America).

5 - Lush landscaping with that Mexico style of tropical eccletic landscaping design.




6 - VERY IMPORTANT - This hotel is a short drive to Puerto Nuevo for Lobster, and the La Fonda Hotel in La Mission for dessert (I will discuss both in another blog).

7 - There always seems to be the most interesting collection of people at this hotel. i have seen Tatoos that Steph and I are still trying to figure out :)

8 - Breakfast on the patio, with that AWESOME orange juice from Mexico that is thick and pulpy.

No comments: